Marina Rules and Regulations
As of November 1, 2011
Severn Yachting Center makes every attempt to keep the premises clean, orderly and safe for the benefit of our tenants for the protection of our environment. Please cooperate with us to implement these policies.
- Prices are based on overall length of the boat including bow sprits and appendages.
- Young children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Boat owners are required to keep the area around their boats clean at all times – for your safety and the beauty of the Marina. If the area is not kept clean, the Marina will clean at the owner’s expense at a rate of $50.00 per hour.
- Boat owners shall not construct or store any steps, lockers, chests, cabinets or similar structures and no structures may be built to enclose a boat without the prior written consent of the Marina.
- No charcoal fires or open fires of any kind are allowed on the grounds or docks of the Marina.
- The space assigned for an Owner’s boat shall be at the sole discretion of the Marina, and the space assigned may be changed at the sole discretion of the Marina.
- Owner shall notify Marina in the event that Owner’s boat will be away from the Marina for seven or more consecutive days. The Marina reserves the right to use unoccupied tenant slips for transient dockage. Transient electric usage will be refunded to the tenant.
- Severn Yachting Center cannot provide refunds for unused reservations for daily or monthly slips; however, Severn Yachting Center will provide a credit equal to the amount of the reservation good for a future stay (or stays) within twelve (12) months following the scheduled arrival date and subject to availability – as long as Severn Yachting Center is notified of the cancellation at least 14 days prior to arrival. If foul weather (as defined by Small Craft Advisory on the Lower Chesapeake Bay) prohibits passage, Severn Yachting Center will provide a credit equal to the amount of the reservation good for a future stay (or stays) within twelve (12) months following the scheduled arrival date and subject to availability.
- Seasonal and Annual slips may be reserved with a ten percent (10%) non-refundable deposit and full payment made at least sixty (60) days prior to arrival.
- No refund shall be made to the Owner if Owner’s boat is removed from the facility prior to the end of the term, or any renewal term.
- Displayed “For Sale” signs are strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Marina.
- No outside labor or independent contractors’ work is allowed on the Marina without the express prior written consent of the Marina and no outside laborer or independent contractor will be allowed on site without permission from the boat Owner.
- Boat owners and outside contractors are required to keep the area around dry storage boats clean at all times and everything is to be picked up and off the ground at the end of each day. If the area is not kept clean, the Marina will clean at the owner’s expense at a rate of $50.00 per hour. There will be a charge for excessive debris put in our dumpster.
- Severn Yachting does not loan equipment, and will not be responsible for owner’s equipment left in the yard. Owners must provide their own ladders and scaffolding as needed for access to their boats and provide their own tools to complete repairs. Equipment and Materials are available through the Ships Store typically at prices discounted 15% to 40% for your savings. We can also order most parts you may need and many are available for next day delivery.
- Boat owners and outside contractors are strictly prohibited from moving stands or blocking. If necessary, contact Marina personnel to schedule them to be moved.
- Boats in dry storage cannot be left plugged into shore power while unattended. This is for your safety and in accordance with insurance and Fire Code requirements.
- Boat covers cannot be fastened to boat stands. Any covers found tied to the stands will be retied at boat owner’s expense.
- Sandblasting, spray painting, or welding by boat owners or outside contractors is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Marina.
- Open air sanding, grinding, and scraping are strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the Marina. Only dustless systems may be used for sanding and scraping and grinding will require the use of drop cloths and tents to contain debris.
- Masts can only be stepped or unstepped by a licensed and insured rigging company. While the vessel is on land, sails may not be raised or opened.
- Boat owners and/or contractors are are strictly prohibited from staying aboard vessel while it is on land.
- Only Owners shall be permitted to fill fuel tanks of Owner’s boat. Owner is responsible for any fuel spills on water, land or in facilities. Boats cannot be fueled from portable tanks as the Marina does not allow fuel to be brought onto the Marina.
- A fee of $25.00 will be assessed for each check returned for insufficient funds.