Glide through a deep, well-marked channel and discover Severn Yachting Center
SYC is located in Gloucester County, Virginia. By water, it is approximately 25 miles to the Atlantic, 8 miles to the Chesapeake, and 3 miles off of Mobjack Bay. By car, Richmond is approximately 50 miles West, Washington DC is approximately 150 miles North and Hampton Roads is 20 miles South.
Local attractions include Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown and Virginia Beach.
By boat or car, we’re just close enough to the Chesapeake Bay, yet we’re comfortably tucked away from all the hustle and bustle in a peaceful, well-protected basin just off the scenic Mobjack Bay.
From US-17 North – Enter Gloucester County from the North on US-17 South. Travel approximately 8 miles and take a left onto Brays Point Road (Adjacent to 7-11 convenient Store). Bear right on Glass Road and continue 3 miles. Turn right on Stonewall Road and Severn Yachting Center will be on your right.
From US-17 South – Enter Gloucester County via the George P. Coleman Memorial Bridge. Continue for approximately 5 miles on US-17 North and take a right onto Brays Point Road, adjacent to 7-11 convenience store. Bear right on Glass Road and continue 3 miles. Turn right on Stonewall Road and Severn Yachting Center will be on your right.
From I-64 East – Head East on I-64 East from Richmond for 40 miles. Take exit 242B and merge onto VA-199 East toward Colonial Parkway/Yorktown. Make a slight left onto Penniman Road, proceed 1 mile and turn right towards Yorktown on the Colonial National Historical Parkway. Continue for 8 miles, turn right onto the US Route 17 ramp and stay right on US-17 North. Enter Gloucester County via the George P. Coleman Memorial Bridge. Continue for approximately 5 miles on US-17 North and take a right onto Brays Point Road, adjacent to 7-11 convenience store. Bear right on Glass Road and continue 3 miles. Turn right on Stonewall Road and Severn Yachting Center will be on your right.
LAT: N 37° 18.200′
LONG: W 076° 27.260′
Nautical Directions From York Spit Light – take NW Course 330 degrees for 9 miles to the Severn River. At Lat. 37 minutes 20 degrees, Long. 76 minutes 20.5 degrees, take Course 249 degrees to SW branch of Severn River for 4 miles. We are on the right side. MLW is 6.5 ft. Coordinates are 03718.18N, 07627.10W
PLEASE NOTE: These directions are for informational purposes only should NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR NAVIGATIONAL PURPOSES. ONLY proper Navigation Charts should be used.
Experience the story of America’s beginnings at Jamestown Settlement and the Yorktown Victory Center. Through film, artifact-filled galleries and outdoor living history, these museums engage visitors in nearly two centuries of our nation’s history – from the founding of America’s first permanent English settlement in 1607 to the decisive Revolutionary War victory in 1781 and implementation of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
At Jamestown Settlement, you’ll learn about the people of 17th-century Virginia – Powhatan Indians and European and African immigrants. At the Yorktown Victory Center, you’ll discover the lives of men and women who witnessed the American Revolution and the formation of the new nation.
Costumed historical interpreters depict daily lives of people two and three centuries ago in faithfully re-created settings – a Powhatan Indian village, three replica ships and palisaded colonial fort at Jamestown Settlement and Revolutionary War encampment and 1780s farm at the Yorktown Victory Center. There, grind corn, steer with a whipstaff, try on English armor, enlist in the Continental Army or assist with farm chores.
Busch Gardens is an action-packed European-themed adventure park boasting more than 350 acres of fun-filled world exploration. Guests can combine family-friendly experiences and world-class adventures.
- Home to top-rated roller coasters including Griffon, the world’s tallest floorless dive coaster
- More than 50 rides and attractions
- Voted the world’s “Most Beautiful Park” for 21 consecutive years
- Features live stage shows
- Hosts a wide variety of culinary experiences and world-class shopping
- Home to a Sesame Street-themed children’s area
Water Country USA entertains guests with some of the world’s largest, greatest, state-of-the-art water rides and attractions, spectacular entertainment, shopping and restaurants–all set to a colorful 1950s and ’60s surf theme.
Vacation means relaxation, and that’s exactly what your family will find at Water Country USA.
All of their pools are climate-controlled for guest comfort. Locker rentals are available in several areas of the park to safely secure your belongings during your visit. More than 1,500 free lounge chairs are available throughout the park for sun worshippers or those needing a shaded break from all of the excitement. And if you are looking for privacy during your fun-filled day, rent one of the private cabanas. You’ll be glad you did.
Williamsburg is the “Colonial Capital” of Virginia and is internationally known for its restoration activities and re-creation of 18th-century America at Colonial Williamsburg. The Williamsburg area offers visitors exceptional historical, cultural and recreational activities and events throughout the year. Ambience, location and southern hospitality are alive and well and standard operating procedure in the Historic Triangle, wherever you choose to stay, as well as offering endless opportunities for dining to find just the right combination of menu, location and price.
Shopping opportunities abound in the area with numerous outlet malls,Merchants Square, New Town and the Farmer’s Market. Whether you’re seeking bargains or luxury items you will find what you want – and maybe something you didn’t know you wanted – in Williamsburg. The Muscarelle Museum of Art at the College of William and Mary as well as the DeWitt Wallace Decorative Arts Museum and Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Fork Art Museum at Colonial Williamsburg provide access to fine works of art from around the world.
Recreational opportunities abound in Williamsburg, including world-famous golf courses at Kingsmill and watersports on the Chesapeake Bay
- Foodlion – 804-642-9736 2292 York Crossing Dr, Hayes
- Farm Fresh – 804-642-6101 7254 Hayes Shopping Ctr, Hayes
- Walmart Super Center – 804-694-0110 6819 Walton Ln, Gloucester
- Walmart Pharmacy – 804-694-0060 6819 Walton Ln Gloucester
- Walgreens – 804-642-5810 2418 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Hayes
- Rite Aid – 804-642-2115 2460 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Hayes
- Applebee’s Grill and Bar – 804-694-3160 6806 Walton Lane, Gloucester
- Bangkok Noi – 804-695-1177 6724 Main Street, Gloucester Court House
- Hana Sushi Japanese Steak & Seafood – 804-642-3055 2274 York Rvr Crossing Dr, Hayes
- Jessica’s Sweet Shop & Bakery – 804-693-5235 6558 Main St, Gloucester Court House
- Olivia’s in the Village – 804-694-0057 6597 Main St., Gloucester Court House
- Ruby Tuesday – 804-694-4955 6749 Fox Center Pkwy., Gloucester
- Sal’s Sicilian Pizza – 804-642-6470 2520 Geo Washington Memorial Hwy, Gloucester Point
- Salsa Mexican Restaurant – 804-684-5545 4329 Geo Washington Memorial Hwy, Ordinary
- Short Lane Ice Cream – 804-695-2999 6721 Geo Washington Memorial Hwy, Gloucester
- Tony and Melana’s – (804) 684-0708 George Washington Hwy, Gloucester
- Wild Rabbit – 804-694-5100 6604 Main St, Gloucester Court House
- Comfort Inn – 804-695-1900 6639 Forest Hill Ave., Gloucester
- Hampton Inn – 804-693-9393 6638 Forest Hill Avenue, Gloucester
- The Inn At Warner Hall – 804-695-9565 4750 Warner Hall Rd, Gloucester
- Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport – 900 Bland Blvd., Suite G, Newport News, VA 23602
- Norfolk International Airport – 757-857-3351 2200 Norview Avenue, Norfolk VA 23518
- Richmond International Airport – 804 226-30001 Richard E Byrd Terminal Drive Richmond, VA 23250
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car – 804-694-8226 6921 George Washington Memorial Hwy, Gloucester
- All other majors located at Newport News IternationL Airport
“Great Marina in a Country Setting”
Great marina in a country setting. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good water, new floating docks, new ships store, new pool and very clean head and showers! -Bob W Barnes